OFFER DEADLINE :
30/09/2022 23:59:00 – Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME:
HORIZON-MSCA-2021-DN-01-01 DEPARTMENT :
Dr. Julia Müller and Prof. Dr. Johannes Gregori, established at mediri GmbH (Heidelberg, Germany) and the University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt (Darmstadt, Germany), respectively, are interested in receiving Expressions of Interest of potential candidates for the Marie Sklodowska – Curie Doctorate Network (MSCA-DN-2021) call.
The title of the proposed project: Prototype development for secure remote CAD solution with web access for patient-individual multi-modal image analysis using cloud computing methods with inherent data privacy design.
For BosomShield, we are looking for a doctorate candidate who will have the following responsibilities:
- She/he will collaborate with international teams of scientists and engineers to build an advanced system for BosomShield.
- She/he will design and develop cutting edge methods based on machine learning algorithms and federated learning settings, and integrate the methods in the commercial solution mTRIAL.
- She/he will help advance R&D by finding problems, implementing elegant solutions, and building tools that enable the team to move forward and to measure progress.
We are looking for talented and innovative self-motivated young scientists, strongly committed to high quality frontier and multi-disciplinary research and able to add new insights to our existing core expertise, with the ambition to put their research into application.
The candidate will be offered an office in Heidelberg at the mediri GmbH and become part of the Research Team. He/she will align the research activities with the company team and relevant departments. He/she will be enrolled in the Graduate School of University Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences (GSD, https://graduiertenschule.h-da.de/en/) and graduate at the attached Doctoral Center Applied Informatics (degree: Dr. rer. nat.).
Mediri GmbH (https://mediri.com/en) is an innovative company offering medical image services for clinical trials. While offering state-of-the-art technology for secure image upload and processing tailored to the individual customer needs, mediri has a strong research track tenure and is collaborating with Universities and research institutions in numerous scientific projects on advancing image analysis and diagnosis support.
Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences (H-DA, https://h-da.de/en/ ) is one of the largest universities of applied sciences in Germany with approx. 16,000 students, 340 professors, and over 60 degree programmes. The university’s range of programmes and research capacities include engineering sciences, mathematics, information science, social science, design and computer science.
The candidate will benefit from the supportive team at mediri and existing experience in research projects. The direct applicability of the doctoral research within commercial settings is a motivating extra. The candidate is encouraged to visit the institutions in Darmstadt on a regularly basis in order to attend PhD courses offered by GSD and to connect to other PhD students working on learning-based image processing tasks.
At the deadline for the submission of the proposals:
- Early Stage Researcher:
- Knowledge of deep learning concepts and experience with deep learning environments (eg.: TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc).
- Excellent practical software engineering ability, particularly Python and Java.
- Knowledge of medical image analysis and working with image data and medical image meta data.
- Mandatory for PhD enrollment: Masters degree with grade B / grade 2/ “good” or better.
- Collaborative spirit.
- Nationality: Any.
- Mobility: The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for submission of proposals (a relaxed rule for Career restarting and Reintegration).
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken). German language skills are beneficial.
Researchers willing to apply should check that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and then send an expression of interest, consisting of:
HOW TO APPLY
- Scanned copy of identity card, resident's card or passport currently in force.
- Curriculum Vitae (Any research career gaps and/or unconventional paths should be clearly explained so that this can be fairly assessed by the evaluators; if you are a forcibly displaced researcher, please explain your situation in the CV; if you have been residing in Country in the last 3 years please provide the exact duration and motives of your stay and be prepared to provide the documentation proving it during the redress phase if required by the Project Manager). We strongly recommend you to use the Europass CV template.
- Scanned copy of the certificate of the official academic qualification or proof of payment of the fees for the issuance of the certificate that allows the holder to access the doctoral studies. Students who hold Master degrees should present the scanned copies of their master's degrees. Students who are registered in an official university master's course that allows them to access the doctoral programme during the 2021/2022 academic year must present a scanned copy of their master's course registration form.
- Scanned copy of academic transcript of the qualification equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
- Scanned copy of academic transcript of the master's degree. Candidates who have not completed their Master's degrees must send their provisional academic transcript*.
- Two signed and scanned reference letters. We will not contact the referees on your behalf.
- A motivation letter, explaining his expertise and how the candidate is suited for the position she/he applies for.
- Expressions of interest must be submitted to https://bosomshield.eu/.
- Researchers willing must apply to maximum two positions of the aforementioned 10 positions.
- DCs will be pre-selected on the basis of internal evaluation.
- Candidates will be informed of the results of the pre-selection two weeks after the deadline.
- Interview between the highest ranked candidates of the pre-selection will be organed by the supervisors to select the final candidate.